Friday, June 10, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #85


When I checked The Play Date Cafe this week I thought I fell in love with their colors. As I scrolled through the card samples I felt a little disappointed because none of them seemed to sooth me with color as the board had done. I thought I wanted to see something saturated in the week's colors. As I pondered how I could do such a thing I realized that what I loved was not actually the colors so much (although they are lovely) as it was the color board itself. Each photo on the board shows something lovely and sometimes something evocative of warm memories. So I decided to try to make a little story board on a card, showing some of my favorite things. Here is what I came up with:

Here are the birds close up, because I think they look blurry on the photo of the whole card:


I hope to make another, entirely different card using these colors. I still think I would love a saturation of those colors but I don't know if it's possible to achieve it. I don't own any Dusty Rose (darn it) so I am using some other pinks that have a hint of gray in them. If my next card turns out nice I will post it.

~La

No comments:

Post a Comment