Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I don't pretend to be creative, I just try to copy those who are.  One of the best is Julee Tillman; my card is a copy of hers.  Julee is the uber-talented owner of Verve Stamps; her card and my copy are for Verve's monthly inspiration challenge.

I started with some blue and cream paper with a wood grain pattern which I thought was a good idea many years ago.  I stenciled over the paper using Tim Holtz's Clockworks stencil and Smoky Slate ink.  I might have been able to copy Julee's choice of stamps, but I opted instead for Paisley Perfect Flair from Close to my Heart.  I inked up the various paisleys with sweet leaf, pear, Hollyhock and blush pigment inks from CTMH as well as purely pomegranate from SU.  I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo black and then clear embossed it so it would show more.  Added some onyx Liquid Pearl's and a few pink seed pearls from my Grandma's stash for embellishments,  because I don't have any sequins!

I distressed the edges then mounted it over some graphite sparkly paper from my scrap stash and a layer of purely pomegranate,  also distressed.  Finally, I mounted all layers on Basic Gray cardstock.  I hope I get over my gray phase before that paper runs out!

~La

1 comment:

  1. Loved this color palate and I really like what you did with it and the choice of using paisleys! Terrific!

    ReplyDelete