Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day

The colors in this week's Color Throwdown Challenge worked well for a Father's Day Card. I looked first to my new favorite Catherine Pooler inks from which I pulled Lime Ricky and Aquatini. I also used two Stampin' Up inks: Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight.

I wanted to keep the stamping simple, since this was a masculine card and was already going to be quite colorful. So I chose just one image from SU's Mosaic Madness stamp set and, using my MISTI stamp positioner, I alternated the colors across a piece of CTMH white cardstock.

Next I chose a stamp from Verve (one of my favorite companies which has, sadly, recently stopped producing stamps) which simple said "Father's Day". 

For "Happy" I used a die cut from Our Daily Bread's Happy Birthday die set. I cut it out 3 times from scrap black cardstock and glued all 3 together.  Then I covered it with Crystal Effects both to make it glossy and give it a little extra dimension.

I finished by simply adhering the decorated panel on to a folder piece of Stampin'Up black cardstock.

Thanks for looking!

~La

No comments:

Post a Comment