Sunday, May 15, 2016

One more graduation card, and I think that's it for this year. I went to Color Throwdown for inspiration because I knew they had blue and white this week and those are the colors I wanted to use. Here is their color board:


Santorini,  Greece.  I'm pretty sure I want to live there.  The crisp white buildings with beautiful blue roofs call to me.  A visit, at least, would be delightful. 

I went for clean and simple with this card.  (AKA crisp and white.)  Using CTMH's Charming Cascades, I masked an area of the card front and stamped the star cascade twice with Dew Drop ink in Platinum Planet.  For the sentiment I used the only thing I have that comes close for a graduation card which comes from CTMH's Springtime Wishes.  (I actually combined 2 sentiments from that set.) I simply stamped the sentiment with CTMH Pacifica pigment inks right across the stars.


To finish it off I found a perfectly matched skein of embroidery thread which I tied through a little coin-looking piece I found in my stash of embellishments.



The inside of this card is almost fancier than the front!   I always mount panels to write on, but I noticed that I had somehow smudged ink on the upper half of the inside and it looked tacky.  So I covered it up with a piece of SU's Pacific Point and now all is well.


Thanks for stopping by!

~La

No comments:

Post a Comment