Thursday, February 7, 2019

CTD 529 (Fearless)

Lately I have been acquiring loads of new stamping supplies but using precious few of them.  Time to put the new things to work!

The colors for this week's Color Throw Down challenge are yellow, red and orange. I did some ink blending using Catherine Pooler's Sauna and Mandarin Spice inks together with Real Red from Stampin' Up. I think I was a little heavy handed with the red and orange,but there's a little bit of yellow in there!

The sentiment is stamped using Real Red ink and a stamp from Catherine Pooler's "Fearless Pursuit" stamp set. The palm trees were cut using the matching die set.


Prior to making this card I had spilled some ink from a new Spectrum Noir glitter brush pen onto my work surface (a paper calendar). I did my ink blending right next to the spill, not realizing that the glitter was mixing in with my ink blending. As a result my entire card front is glittery! I actually like it that way so maybe I've learned a new technique!



Thank you for stopping by!

~ La

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blended background that is so perfect for a beach scene! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blended background is lovely and great sentiment! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete