Monday, February 25, 2019

Purple and Rust Experiment

This week I was experimenting with a technique that was new to me. It involved emboss resist, which was not new, and removing the embossing to reveal what was underneath. In order to remove the embossing you put the embossed piece under some paper and iron it. After I had done the ironing I was about to throw away the paper containing the remnants of embossing, but thought I would throw some ink over it just to see how it turned out.

I liked the result so much that I cut the paper into 2 pieces for background paper.  One of the pieces is what I used here.



Since this background is primarily purple I decided to use it to make a card for Color Throw Down. (Their colors this week are purple, rust, gray and white.) I am currently obsessed with a stamp set from SU called Country Home.  I used it to stamp the bouquet in the milk can which I colored with Dusty Durango, Concord Crush, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke and Lucky Limeade from SU. I used CTMH Charcoal to stamp the sentiment on the can. I couldn't bear to cover too much of the background, so I cut a tag from vellum using CTMH Fancy Tags thin cuts. I stamped another sentiment on to the vellum using VersaMark and Dusty Durango, then I clear embossed it. Unfortunately I lost a lot of the color when I embossed it, so I used a Dusty Durango marker on the back side of the vellum to bring back the color.  I simply popped the whole thing on to a white card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

~La

1 comment:

  1. Especially love your background on this beautiful card! So glad you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete