Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Yesterday I was looking at the blog of a stamping diva and "my Stampin Up Lady", Robin. She makes amazingly beautiful cards. She had just posted some beautiful "one layer cards" (see her fabulous creations here.) What a great idea! I hopped right on the bandwagon and made this:


I know Robin's cards are nicer than mine - not false humility, she is just a master. But I think if someone didn't see hers they would think mine was fine.

After making this I thought of how the trend in the stamping world appears to be to throw as many embellishments as possible onto a card. I think it has gotten to the point that the cards have too much on them - truly. So, not that I would want every card to be one dimensional, but it is refreshing to see something simpler. And on a practical note, those hyper-embellished cards are impossible to mail, especially from Taiwan, so I think I will be making a lot of simple cards that I can use when writing letters.

Thank you for the marvelous inspiration, again, Robin!

~La

No comments:

Post a Comment