Friday, November 19, 2010

Baby Card

I'm going to a baby shower today so needed a card to go with the gift. When we moved I must not have anticipated needing baby cards because I didn't bring any appropriate stamps with me. So coming up with an appropriate card was challenging. I did find this stamp within a set of stars. It says "Twinkle Twinkle little star do you know how loved you are" and "Baby" in the middle of the star. The recipient is choosing not to know the sex of the baby (Yeah for her!!!) so I couldn't use blue or pink. For some reason I also did not bring any basic yellow ink with me, or for that matter any babyish green. The closest I could come was Certainly Celery, which I think works.

My daughter badly wanted to help, so I told her to work on some designs while I looked for white cardstock. (Another thing I brought very little of. What was I thinking??) She actually started the polka dot idea and did something similar to this final version. It reminded me of a card I had done a couple of years ago so VOILA! - we had our starting point! I let my daughter stamp the polka dots and she did a great job. It was nice to be able to allow her to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment