Sunday, November 14, 2010

Today I went to Our Creative Corner for inspiration, and found a color challenge. The colors were gold, brown, rust and blue. No problem!

I used an image from one of my favorite old sets. It is so old in fact that I don't know what it's called. It's from SU and I looked through my old catalogs but couldn't find it. I call it "Hope is the Thing with Feathers" because that is part of the "sentiment" that is in the set. (It is also part of a poem by Emily Dickinson that I love.) Anyhow, I first stamped the French words background and clear embossed it, then stamped the main image, colored it a bit and clear embossed over it. Then I sponged a bit of blue around the image and the edges.

I'm not sure if I never bought Chocolate Chip paper or if I forgot to bring it with me, but in any case I couldn't find any. I have Close to Cocoa but that isn't rich enough with gold and rust. I managed to find this perfect piece of dark brown with polka dots (blue no less!) and thought it would be perfect. I thought I would crimp a strip of the polka dot to make it look like a ribbon but, alas, I left the crimper behind. Oh well, I like how this turned out!


~ La

1 comment: