Monday, July 25, 2011

Inspired by Play Date

While looking at other entries in this weeks Play Date Cafe challenge I came across one that I thought would be a simple yet beautiful card to add to those I am making for my friend. The card I copied is here.

This is my first take on it. I like it, but I hand sewed the pink line and I thought that was a little too time consuming.

So next I made this one and I simply glued down the ribbon and a line of embroidery floss. Much simpler, but I didn't love the flowers.

Finally I tried this, and it was so quick and easy that I made 2. I think I am now ready to send out my cards. Well, I need to package them nicely first, but at least all of the cards are made. There are a couple more which I haven't shown yet but I will post them soon.

I don't know if it shows in the photo, but I drew in some dashed lines between the flowers - a sort of "chain stitch" to go with the sentiment. It is a very nice card and so quick and easy! Many thanks to Judy for the inspiration.

~La

No comments:

Post a Comment